Entrance for Sports Day will be through the green nursery gates. Mr Starkey will be opening the gates between 10am and 10:15am. We anticipate a finish time of 11:30am but may adapt this depending on the weather. Reception parents will then leave via the green nursery gates.
Please come in uniform tomorrow – we will be changing before and after our sport unlike rest of the school (whose event lasts all day.)
What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Monday 19th June
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Forest School
- Sports Day
- Recording our thoughts about sports day
- Maths (3rd week of 3 week rotation)
- Exploring capacity
- Exploring position
- Sharing objects
- Finding out about our daily routines, keeping clean and our families.
How to help at home?
- Talk about your family. Who lives in your house? Who is special to you? Talk about how families can be different.
- Talk about your daily routines. When and why do we wash our hands? How often do we brush our teeth? How do we stay clean and healthy? Support children to become independent with dressing and undressing.
Over the next three weeks we are rotating the topics capacity, position and sharing in maths groups.
- We are describing and using words associated with position. Where is lego man? Using words to describe where lego man is.
- Explore with different sized containers in the bath – estimate and count how many cupfuls will fill different containers. Use some deceptively tricky containers eg tall and thin, ones with a bulge.
- Share out equal pieces of pizza, toys, treats. Talk about how each group has the same. Introduce the word divide.
- Continue to read together at home. Please ensure the children have their books in school each day.
- Practise you writing – labels for toys, shopping lists, signs, simple sentences!
- Eg what sentences can you write using the words ‘he’ and ‘she’.
We have a forest school session tomorrow! Please ensure your child has a change of clothes that will cover their arms and legs. Thank you 🙂
We have been decorating our glass jars today as part of our learning about Ramadan. If you haven’t yet sent in a jar it is not too late, we will be making some more over the next few sessions.
Please ensure your child has their team colour t-shirt in school for Sports Day on Tuesday 20th June. This is the same colour that they wore last year. A note reminding you of their colour will be sent home today.
A week of all weathers! Sun, rain and wind!
We have been busy practising our writing – in books, on paper, on whiteboards, on dried beans! Our focus has been how we feel and retelling the story of “Jack and the Beanstalk”.
We continue to play games using subitising and solving problems by halving, doubling and sharing.
PE was back in the hall due to the weather – hopefully it will be drier next week so we can get ready for Sports Day on 20th June!
As part of our learning about the month Ramadan we will be making glass jar lanterns. Please send in any empty glass jars by Wednesday 14th June.