What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Monday 19th June
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Forest School
- Sports Day
- Recording our thoughts about sports day
- Maths (3rd week of 3 week rotation)
- Exploring capacity
- Exploring position
- Sharing objects
- Finding out about our daily routines, keeping clean and our families.
How to help at home?
- Talk about your family. Who lives in your house? Who is special to you? Talk about how families can be different.
- Talk about your daily routines. When and why do we wash our hands? How often do we brush our teeth? How do we stay clean and healthy? Support children to become independent with dressing and undressing.
Over the next three weeks we are rotating the topics capacity, position and sharing in maths groups.
- We are describing and using words associated with position. Where is lego man? Using words to describe where lego man is.
- Explore with different sized containers in the bath – estimate and count how many cupfuls will fill different containers. Use some deceptively tricky containers eg tall and thin, ones with a bulge.
- Share out equal pieces of pizza, toys, treats. Talk about how each group has the same. Introduce the word divide.
- Continue to read together at home. Please ensure the children have their books in school each day.
- Practise you writing – labels for toys, shopping lists, signs, simple sentences!
- Eg what sentences can you write using the words ‘he’ and ‘she’.