What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Monday 12th June
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Forest School
- Diary writing – using our phonics and writing common irregular words such as ‘the’, ‘was’, she’, ‘he’, ‘you’
- Maths ( 2nd week of 3 week rotation)
- Exploring capacity
- Exploring position
- Sharing objects
- Finding out about the Muslim month of fasting, Ramadan.
How to help at home?
- Talk about the celebrations and routines you share as a family. Do they change over the year? For example are celebrations in the summer different to those in the winter? Please share any photos you may have of family celebrations.
- We will be making glass jar lanterns. Please send in an empty glass jar for your child by Wednesday 14th June.
Over the next three weeks we are rotating the topics capacity, position and sharing in maths groups.
- We are describing and using words associated with position. Where is lego man? Using words to describe where lego man is.
- Explore with different sized containers in the bath – estimate and count how many cupfuls will fill different containers. Use some deceptively tricky containers eg tall and thin, ones with a bulge.
- Share out equal pieces of pizza, toys, treats. Talk about how each group has the same. Introduce the word divide.
- Continue to read together at home. Please ensure the children have their books in school each day.
- Practise you writing – labels for toys, shopping lists, signs, simple sentences!
- Eg what sentences can you write using the words ‘he’ and ‘she’.