What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Monday 8th May
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Subitising – copying patterns and creating our own.
- Forest School
- On Monday we have a vet coming to visit us. We will be writing about their visit.
- Wesak – we will be finding out about the Buddhist festival of Wesak. We will be adding leaves to our Bodhi tree.
How to help at home?
- Please keep reading at home! The children will be asked to hand their books in each day. The yellow journals will be checked by myself or Mrs Bunce.
- Keep familiarising and practise ordering your numbers to 20, particularly 10+. We have been looking in particular at the pattern of ones. Please ask if you want further information.
- Subitising skills –
- Play snap, kim’s games – noticing what is the same and what is missing.
- Make an arrangement of toys/objects eg 5 cars in a line/ 4 stones in a circle. Ask your child to copy it. Get them to make an arrangement for you to copy.
- Using a selection of objects, how would the children sort them? This could be random selection of bottle tops and lids of different sizes and colours.
- Wesak –We are finding out about the Buddhist festival of Wesak. Talk about celebrations you have/do as a family. How does it change throughout the year?
- Do you have a pet or animal to care for? Have you been to a vets? Talk about the role vets play in caring for pets. What do you or would you do to care for your pets?