What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Tuesday 2nd May
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Subitising – eg looking at an arrangement of objects and knowing the total without counting them.
- Forest School
- Decorating our pebbles from home.
- Writing an update in our plant diary.
How to help at home?
- Subitising skills – play snap, kim’s games – noticing what is the same and what is missing.
- Make an arrangement of toys/objects eg 5 cars in a line/ 4 stones in a circle. Ask your child to copy it. Get them to make an arrangement for you to copy.
- If you are growing plants at home – keep a diary with how the plants are changing.
- Decorate some pebbles at home – what could you use? Here are some ideas below.
As always – continue to read at home and hand your school scheme books in daily!