What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Monday 24th April
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Ordering and looking at patterns of numbers from 11-20.
- Counting in 5s and solving problems in 5s.
- Forest School
- Writing speech bubbles for inanimate objects – what would the fire extinguisher say if it could talk?
- Exploring different pencils and the marks they make.
How to help at home?
- Please keep reading at home! The children will be asked to hand their books in each day. The yellow journals will be checked by myself or Mrs Bunce.
- Keep familiarising and practise ordering your numbers to 20, particularly 10+. We have been looking in particular at the pattern of ones. Please ask if you want further information.
- We are going to be writing speech bubbles showing what inanimate objects might say if they could talk. Eg what would a fire extinguisher say or a light switch?
- Verbalise sentences about objects in your house. Write your ideas down and if allowed stick them up by the object. Maybe your parents could write a response to start a conversation between two objects?