What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Tuesday 18th April
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Ordering and looking at patterns of numbers from 11-20.
- Counting in 5s and solving problems in 5s.
- Writing labels and sentences about plants we would like to grow (postponed from Sp2)
- Writing about what we did in the holidays.
How to help at home?
- Orally rehearse what you did in the holidays using the following sentences starters “I went…” “I saw…..” “I played….” Ready for when we write in class.
- Keep familiarising and practise ordering your numbers to 20, particularly 10+. We have been looking in particular at the pattern of ones. Please ask if you want further information.
- If you planted some seeds at home, monitor how they are doing. Take photos /keep a diary and bring into class to share. If you haven’t planted something yet, there is still time.
Please keep reading at home!