What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 20th March
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Learning the phoneme /ure/
- Ordering and looking at patterns of numbers from 11-20.
- Counting in 10s and solving problems in 10s.
- Writing about what signs of Spring we see.
- Writing labels and sentences about plants we would like to grow.
How to help at home?
- Keep familiarising and practise ordering your numbers to 20, particularly 10+. We have been looking in particular at the pattern of units. Please ask if you want further information.
- Look out for signs of Spring on your way to and from school, in your garden or in the park. Take photos of what you see. Model sentence writing using the sentence starter “I can see…”
- Plant some seeds at home. Cress can be easily grown indoors or maybe try something in a pot or vegetable/flower bed. Keep a record or diary of how your plant grows.