What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 13th March
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Learning the phonemes /ear/ /air/ /er/
- Finding out about the Jewish festival of Purim.
- Making graggers (shakers)
- Moving to music and parading.
- Writing about what we would like to be when we are older.
- Exploring the names and properties of 3D shape.
How can you help at home?
- Talk about celebrations and festivities your family takes part in. How do music, food and clothes form part of the celebrations?
- Move around to music to – try a range of different types of music as well as fast/slow etc. How do they make you feel?
- What other instruments can you make with reusable items? eg bottles, boxes, elastic bands etc
- Talk about your aspirations for the future. What skills, that you are learning at school, will enable you to reach those aspirations?
- Look around your home at different pieces of furniture, toys etc – what shape are they? Use names such as cuboid, cube, sphere, triangular prism etc to describe them.