What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 6th March
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Learning the phonemes /oa/ /ow/ /oi/
- Sharing the story of “The Bad Tempered Ladybird” by Eric Carle.
- Talking about our favourite books and book characters on World Book Day – with a visit from an author – Anthony Lishak (http://www.antonylishak.com)
- Telling the time – o’clock and half past
- Exploring clay.
How to help at home?
- Tell the time together. Talk about what time you do different routine activities such as getting up, breakfast, leaving to go to school, dinner, clubs and classes.
- If your child has a watch, please make sure it is the correct time.
- Continue to share stories – use your world book day voucher to buy something new to share.
- Talk about feelings – how you feel and how you could behave around someone else who is feeling sad, angry, happy.