What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 27th February
- Phonics –recapping on phonemes to date – practising segmenting and blending simple sentences and captions.
- Learning the phonemes /ar/ /or/ /ur/
- Finding out about the difference between fiction and nonfiction books.
- Writing labels and captions about rabbits.
- Maths groups – looking at coins, estimating, doubling and halving quantities of coins.
- Exploring clay.
How to help at home?
- Look at coins together. Talk about equivalents eg 5p is the same as 5 1ps.
- Continue looking at numbers to 20 – order them, count out quantities, double them and halve them.
- Keep reading regularly – please keep borrowing story books from the basket to share at home – it is important that the children are still being read to as well as reading themselves to continue to develop their comprehension skills and expand their vocabulary.
- Play with playdough, salt dough or clay. What skills can you show at home eg pinching, squeezing, rolling, poking etc. How does the texture feel?
- Read some nonfiction books – what did you find out?