What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 20th February
- Phonics – learning the phonemes –recapping on phonemes to date
- Writing about what we did in the holidays
- Discussing healthy living options and recording our thoughts on paper.
- Maths groups – ordering numbers, using comparatives to discuss weight, finding the total by counting all of them.
How to help at home?
- Talk about what you do at home that helps you keep healthy eg sleeping, eating, exercise, washing ourselves, cleaning our teeth etc
- Talk about what you have done over the holidays. Model simple sentences so the children can rehearse orally what they want to write. Eg I went to… I had…
- Counting to look at numbers to 20 – order them, count out quantities, double them and halve them.
- Keep reading regularly – please keep borrowing story books from the basket to share at home – it is important that the children are still being read to as well as reading themselves to continue to develop their comprehension skills and expand their vocabulary.