What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 30th January
- Phonics – learning the phonemes – ng/ai/igh or recapping on phonemes to date
- Drawing animals and improving our work using a growth mindset
- Learning the poem “Cold” by Shirley Hughes
- Drawing pictures based on the poem.
- Writing our own cold poems.
- Writing a letter to a fairy.
How to help at home?
- Share poems together – borrow a poetry book from the library or the reading basket at school.
- Learn a poem by heart.
- Continue to practise segmenting and blending – writing words, letters – looking at correct formation.
- Continue to recognise numbers out and about – in particular teen numbers.
- Have a go at writing a letter to someone – think about the initial sounds in words and fingers spaces between them!