What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 23rd January
- Phonics – learning the phonemes – qu/th/ch or recapping on phonemes to date
- Wellcomm – continuing to identify emotions
- Continuing to use comparatives eg big, bigger, biggest
- Writing about why our snowman melted
- Chinese New Year
- Making fire cracker pictures using needle and thread
- Using money in everyday situations in a Chinese Takeaway scenario.
How to help at home?
- Talk about money and associated vocabulary if you are in a shop- discuss and compare the names of coins, their colour, shape and size.
- Talk about changes in the weather eg frosty mornings, dripping and melting ice – why is it happening?
- Continue to read regularly with your child at home – if you are unsure how to do this, please ask.
- Practise the new phonemes – reading and writing them – have a go at writing some of the words on the phonics hand outs. You may even challenge yourself to put them in a sentence either orally or written.
- Keep borrowing books from school and reading your scheme books.