What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: 14th November
- Creating ‘happy’ poems
- Talking about qualities of a good friend, making a friendship circle of ideas
- Thinking about things that we may find challenging but that we keep trying with (resilience)
- Continuing to develop our letter formation
How to help at home?
- Offer encouragement and positive feedback when your child finds something challenging eg putting on their coats independently, writing their name, climbing in the playground etc As and when your child improves – point this out to them being specific about what they have done and how practising etc helped them to do it, even when they found it challenging.
- If your child would like to create a poster of the ‘qualities of a good friend’, please do so and we will enter this into the school competition.
- Continue to blend and segment using the letters we have learnt so far. We are also starting to build on our letter formation. If anyone has any questions about how to support your child further with formation, please come and ask.