What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Monday 31st October
- Wednesday – the fire service will be coming to visit us!
- We will be recording what happened in the visit.
- Counting forwards and backwards and matching numeral to quantity using the story “10 Spooky Skeletons”.
- Discussing firework safety.
How to help at home?
- If participating in Halloween related activities – use this as an opportunity to consolidate numbers; counting, sharing, doubling, halving sweets and treats. What number houses did you visit? (Of course you can always practising these skills using other items too)
- If attending any bonfire/firework related events – talk about safety aspects.
- Check if your smoke detectors are working at home – talk about what else the children saw/experienced from our visit from the fire service.