What are we learning about in Reception?
Week beginning: Monday 3rd October
- Forest School – Tuesday pm – please make sure your boots and clothes are in school.
- Harvest Poem – Apples – learning to recite this in assembly
- Printing repeating patterns using fruit and veg
- Phonics – consolidating phonemes learnt to date
- Making fruit and veg creatures (like a beetle drive game)
- Using beetroot from the garden to make chocolate cakes
- We are going to the village church for our harvest service on Friday.
How to help at home?
- Have a go at learning our harvest poem togetherOn the tree or on the ground!Apples yellow, apples red, Apples are so good to eat!”
- Apples crunchy, apples sweet,
- Apple pie, juice and bread!
- “Apples juicy, apples round,
- Look for repeating patterns in your home eg strips on a pair of socks, repeating patterns on curtains or wall paper.
- Cook something together – maybe using apples?!
- Make a fruit/veg creature together – roll the dice – choose the fruit or veg that matches a number. Join the pieces together with cocktail sticks or just lay them on a plate5 = orange segment3 = banana slice1 = red grape
- 2 = green grape
- 4 = blueberry
- 6 = apple slice