What are we learning about in nursery?
Week beginning: Monday 26th September
- Forest School – Tuesday pm – please make sure your boots and clothes are in school.
- Finding out about keeping safe
- What makes a healthy meal?
- Making dough food for our home corner
- Phonics – see sheet the children will bring home on Monday or on the cloakroom noticeboard.
How to help at home?
- Watch the clip about keeping safe at home – how could this apply outside of school?
- The children know lots of healthy foods. This week we are talking about a balanced meal. See http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Documents/The-Eatwell-Guide-2016.pdf for more information on the resources we have been using. Talk about food and healthy options when eating together at home.
- We are using salt dough to create our dough food. Here is a recipe for you to try at home.
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- Up to 1 cup of water (add gradually)
Lay them on some greaseproof or baking paper and on a baking tray. Cook them on a VERY low heat (around 100 degrees C/ 202 F) for up to 3 hours. If the shapes are over 1cm thick then they will probably need to be turned over during cooking.