This week we will be exploring forest school on Wednesday in the morning and afternoon; the children will take part in a leaf identification hunt and also will be creating natural pictures. With this in mind can I please ask that all children have forest school clothes in a named bag ready for Wednesday.
We will also be looking at how transport has changed over time including sorting old and new vehicles and observational drawings; part of the topic this week will include a road safety activity.
How you can help at home:
- explore the local woods
- what trees do you have in your garden
- creating pictures using items found in the local area or your garden
- share any toys you had as a child talk about how they are different from toys today
- talk to your child about how to cross the road and safe places to do so
- read 5 times a week and share stories