This week the children will be beginning our topic of transport by looking at the traffic we have coming through the village and taking part in a survey about how we travel to school. On Friday we will be investigating how friction effects the easy of riding bikes and scooters.
The children will also be preparing the art work for the open afternoon; following step by step instructions to complete a final piece of work.
How you can help at home:
- investigate how many forms of transport you have available at home.
- read stories involving different modes of transport
- while in the car play spot the lorry/ van/motorbike etc
- tally chart most popular car colour (on a journey)
- build you own car out of junk model boxes
- go for a bike or scooter ride
- discuss how you normally travel to school and why